Drift Focus on Backups
We are really pleased that over 50% of our schools have transitioned to a more modern and reliable backup solution! Here is a reminder of exactly what you are getting if you are using Datto Cloud Backup.
DATTO CLOUD BACKUP
- Every piece of data housed on the server is backed up locally and in the cloud. Meaning that if there was physical damage to your server, your files would still be protected!
- It protects you from natural disasters, equipment failure and human error.
- Downtime is substantially minimised in an emergency scenario. The school can continue to run during a disaster! With instant virtualisation, the system can restore within seconds.
- It helps protect schools from ransomware attacks before they can make an impact by monitoring and targeting specific patterns of ransomware in the backups which can take place as often as every 5 minutes!
- Supports a wide array of operating systems, including Windows, Mac and Linux.
- With Datto Infinite Cloud Retention, you can store data for as long as you require!
- It supersedes other outdated and unreliable backup solutions, such as RDX tapes, that take too long to restore files, are not backed up as often and have a risk of losing data due to corruption.
We absolutely cannot stress enough how vitally important it is to keep up with modern threats we face in IT, especially in our schools which can, unfortunately, be more vulnerable due to ever decreasing budgets. We have secured a deal with our recommended backup supplier to help. There really couldn’t be a better time to re-evaluate your backup solution and make improvements.